Part 7 – My life changed in just one day…

Taking the leap to become an entrepreneur

Today was an exciting day for me as I was attending a training event to become an independent weightloss consultant, something that I had been considering for some time. I had finally found the courage to do this and was feeling incredibly excited about it!!

Something had started happening to my brain

I couldn’t sleep the night before my course, I remember thinking it was strange as I was exhausted and needed the sleep. I woke from my sleep about 2 hours ahead of schedule which I didn’t realise, I even ordered my taxi to take me to train station. We got as far as the end of my road and I realised I was roughly 2 hours ahead of must have been around 4:30 am, I remember feeling really confused and not understanding how this happened.

I told the taxi driver to take me back home, it ended up being the shortest and most expensive taxi journey ever!! I sat and watched TV and then ordered another taxi. The taxi ended up getting me to the train station late and I missed my train, so I ended up having to take a different route and getting to my course just in time, not a great start to the day.

From what I can remember…after all the commotion the day went well. I then came home and slept incredibly well that night before heading back to the commute to work the following day.

When I look back something was obviously happening to my brain from this day…I guess these were further subtle warning signs that I didn’t recognise at the time.

The day I lost my ring

I don’t really remember what happened on this day, just that when I was leaving work it was freezing cold for the time of year and I was running to catch my train.

My train was about to pull into my stop and I realised that I had lost my ring, a huge sense of panic set in and I frantically started searching my seat and the floor, my ring was nowhere to be seen. My hands were freezing cold so I assumed it must have fallen off and I didn’t realise with all the rushing around.

I phoned the train company that evening to report it as lost, although I knew that no one would hand it in. It was a beautiful ring that I bought in Jamaica in 2012 made from diamonds and aquamarine stones, I adored that ring so much and not just for the obvious reasons but also for what the ring symbolised – a huge turning point in my life – the end of a 16 year relationship and the start of a new life for me.

The search for the ring continues…

I spoke to my friend at work and asked her to check my desk as I was my working from home that day.  She couldn’t find it anywhere, I was absolutely distraught…all I kept thinking was this isn’t going to end well because the last time I lost a ring, my engagement ring…the series of events that followed were not good at all! I can’t explain it I just had this sinking feeling that something bad was going to happen. I’m one of those people who believes in signs and messages from the Universe…some people think of it as being airy fairy shit, but I was absolutely right, it was a sign of things to come!

Doctor’s praises

I had a doctor’s appointment on this day and my checks all came back well, blood pressure check was good, my BMI had reduced even further and I was nearly in the healthy weight category. The doctor’s exact words were ‘well done you have done so well!”

I more a less skipped out of the doctor’s surgery and was feeling fantastic!! I walked home in the sunshine and felt so good that I actually wrote a social media post about it on my weight loss consultant page.

My Saturday started off as normal

I woke up feeling great and went to my usual Saturday morning yoga class. I then met my friend Natalie in the afternoon, went home and had dinner, I even had a cheeky gin and tonic, my occasional Saturday night treat.

My last memory of life as I knew it…

I remember sitting and watching TV with my mum and then saying I was tired and headed up to bed, I climbed into bed and went to sleep. That was my last memory, the last day of my life as I knew it. This is the day that my life changed forever!


At this point I need to pause for a moment and take a deep breath.  I need a moment to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for this journey that I’m about to share with you. This is where it becomes real, the moment when my life changed forever.

This is going to be an emotional roller coaster for me to share this with you as I’m having to revisit the series of events, I literally have tears streaming down my face as I’m writing this. I was unconscious and unaware for the first part so I’m having to ask both family and friends for information to piece it all together.

I wanted to write this blog while I was going through the early stages of my recovery as I felt that it would be more authentic, telling the story literally as I was feeling and experiencing it.  But it just wasn’t the right time, my cognitive brain function had been affected and as a result, my short-term memory had suffered so I wouldn’t have been able to share my story at that point in time.  I was literally getting through each minute, each hour, each day and on reflection, I feel it is better for me to share the story now that I’ve had time to process what I have gone through, what I’m still going through.

Eventhough it’s been nearly a year, it has been a huge task for me to learn a new skill, design a website and develop the content for my blog.  So the fact that I thought I could have done this much earlier in my recovery when I was suffering from severe fatigue, poor memory and concentration is beyond me!

The process of revisiting the event and sharing my story with you now is incredibly painful and re-opening unhealed wounds. My next post will go into the detail of the series of events that occurred on Saturday 13 May 2017 and the immediate days that followed.

February 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Part 6 – A coffee and a visit from the past…

February 21, 2018

Part 8 – The night my brain aneurysm ruptured

March 7, 2018

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *